Job Vacancy for a Marketing Assistant
Location: Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
Job Role: Marketing/Sales Assistant
Contract Type: Permanent (initial 12 months contract with the potential to extend)
Hours: Full Time, 30 hours/week
Sector: Training & Consultancy
Salary: £15,100 -£16,100 (pro-rata)
Date posted: 01 October 2019
Closing Date: 30 November 2019
Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd is looking for a self-motivated and creative Marketing or Sales Assistant to join our growing business. Directly reporting to the Managing Director, you will have a hands-on role and make a real impact on the business. You will work on your own initiative, contributing to the development and implementation of the marketing strategy and activities so as to meet the company’s objective of driving growth for the business.
Marketing efforts will be centred around lead generation, with a real focus on attracting and converting high-quality leads via traditional and digital marketing channels. You will develop good relationships with clients to help us meet and exceed their expectations. You will be customer-focused and willing to tailor your approach to the needs of the clients.
- Assisting in developing and implementing marketing strategies and plans that enhance brand awareness, create demand and generate sales leads
- Researching and analysing target markets and trends, the competition and understanding the needs of both potential and existing clients
- Communicating with target audiences, building and developing customer relationships
- Writing and proofreading marketing and sales content and materials including proposals, blogs, brochures, case studies, website content etc. for a range of channels
- Creating and delivering successful email marketing campaigns
- Managing social media channels so as to enhance audience engagement and drive up interest
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials
- Assisting with the preparation and execution of events such as training and networking events
- Monitoring, analysing and reporting on the effectiveness of marketing activities
- Meeting the weekly KPIs to help ensure sales targets are met and revenue is maximized
- Undertaking other duties pertinent to the grade of the post as required.
Essential qualifications and skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, sales or a related field such as communication, advertising or business management with marketing
- Ability to work on own initiative, prioritise and manage own workload
- ‘Can do’ attitude, an ability to think creatively and put new ideas into practice
- Performance-driven with a strong focus on achieving targets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Competent IT skills
- Enthusiasm for learning new skills
- Ready to start in January 2020
Desired qualifications and skills
- 1+ years of experience in marketing or sales
- Outgoing and enthusiastic
- Social media skills
- Knowledge or experience of working with various tools, such as SEO, CMS, WordPress, marketing automation platforms and Google Analytics
- Experience of event management
- Design, E-learning and LMS skills
You will have legal authorization to work in the United Kingdom without company sponsorship. If you meet these requirements then please send us your CV with a covering letter indicating your salary expectations and how you feel you could add to our team to email@example.com
Please note candidates who do not meet our minimum requirements or do not provide the requested information will not be considered for an interview.
Who we are
Based in Huddersfield, Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd provides practical and effective health, safety and environmental risk management and business improvement consultancy and training that reduce the risks and improve the efficiency of businesses.
We are a Highfield approved training centre and offer industry-recognised qualifications to companies and individuals across the UK. We help them improve organisational and individual competencies and enhance business performance.
We work collaboratively with our partners, bringing real-world experience that enables us to solve our customers’ challenges and help them improve their performance.