BUSINESS CONTINUITY PLAN (BCP)
What is Business Continuity?
ISO defines Business Continuity as the capability of the organization to continue the delivery of products or services at acceptable predefined levels following a disruptive incident.
Relationship between Business Continuity and Organisational Resilience
British Standard, BS65000 (2014) defines “organisational resilience” as “the ability of an organization to anticipate, prepare for, and respond and adapt to incremental change and sudden disruptions in order to survive and prosper, this definition is continually evolving. We believe that organizational resilience, properly understood, has great implications for its competitive advantage and profit. An organization that embraces the resilience will have a high likelihood of maintaining a successful and sustainable business.
Traditional functions of Risk Management, Business Continuity, Crisis Management and Information Security are recognised as key contributors to operational resilience. Business Continuity is an important process in achieving Organizational Resilience. Organizational resilience is a more holistic view of business and it’s success. Mastering Organizational Resilience requires the adoption of best practice to deliver business improvement by building competence and capability across all aspects of an organization.
Organizations are increasingly realized the importance of a holistic Business Continuity Management (BCM) which identifies potential threats to an organization and the impacts to business operations. Those threats, if realized, might cause, and which provides a framework for building organizational resilience with the capability of an effective response that safeguards the interests of its key stakeholders, reputation, brand and value-creating activities. (Source: ISO 22301)
We can help you in below areas:
- Guide you develop an effective Business Continuity Program
- We offer packages that can be customized to your business to remove the complexity and get you started with business continuity management
- Conduct Business Continuity Program Maturity Assessment
- Provide Business Continuity Management Training to your management team
- Support you with the evergreen process
- As a BSI Approved Associate Consultant, we offer expert support in your ISO 22301:2019 Business Continuity Management System certification journey
Please Contact us to discuss how we can help you leading through the current crisis.