Highfield Qualifications Level 2 Award in Conflict Management (RQF)
There has been a steady increase in the incident of violence, aggression and verbal abuse towards people who work in a variety of roles across the public and private sectors. This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to reduce the likelihood of abusive and threatening behaviour occurring within the workplace. It is appropriate for a wide range of sectors and is suitable for anyone who has a customer facing role, deals with service users or the public. It can also be a useful qualification for individuals who would like a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations from arising and feel more confident in being able to deal with situations if they arise.
This qualification is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF is a qualification framework regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation. The qualification is also supported by Skills for Security, the sector skills council for the security sector. It maps to National Occupational Standards (NOS): protect yourself from the risk of violence at work.
Date and time
9:00 am – 4:30 pm, July 5 2019
This course runs on various dates over the year.
- Assess and reduce the risk of violence in the workplace
- Identify behaviours that indicate an escalation towards violence and take appropriate measures to avoid or calm and defuse the situation
- Identify post-incident support and report the circumstances to provide information for personal and organisational learning
- How communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- The factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- How to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- How to communicate effectively and de-escalate ate conflict in emotive situations
- Good practice to follow after conflict situations
This qualification is assessed by a 1-hour multiple-choice test. Learners must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30 to pass.
£125, No VAT to add. Course fee includes textbook developed by Highfield Qualifications, handouts, exam fee and certificate.
Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org to book the course. A confirmation letter will be sent to you after your booking.
Highfield Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (RQF)
More training courses