Highfield Qualifications Level 2 Award in Conflict Management (RQF)
There has been a steady increase in the incident of violence, aggression and verbal abuse towards people who work in a variety of roles across the public and private sectors. This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to reduce the likelihood of abusive and threatening behaviour occurring within the workplace. It is appropriate for a wide range of sectors and is suitable for anyone who has a customer facing role, deals with service users or the public. It can also be a useful qualification for individuals who would like a better understanding of how to prevent conflict situations from arising and feel more confident in being able to deal with situations if they arise.
This qualification is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF is a qualification framework regulated by Ofqual and CCEA Regulation. The qualification is also supported by Skills for Security, the sector skills council for security sector. It maps to National Occupational Standards (NOS): protect yourself from the risk of violence at work.
Date and Time
13 February, 2018, 9:30am-4:30pm
23 February, 2018, 9:30am-4:30pm
3M Buckley Innovation Centre, Firth Street, Huddersfield, HD1 3BD
- Assess and reduce the risk of violence in the workplace
- Identify behaviours that indicate an escalation towards violence and take appropriate measures to avoid or calm and defuse the situation
- Identify post incident support and report the circumstances to provide information for personal and organisational learning
- How communication can be used to solve problems and reduce the likelihood of conflict
- The factors that influence human responses in conflict situations
- How to assess and reduce risks in conflict situations
- How to communicate effectively and de-escalate conflict in emotive situations
- Good practice to follow after conflict situations
This qualification is assessed by a 1-hour multiple-choice test. Learners must achieve a score of at least 20 out of 30 to pass.
Course fee: £95, No VAT to add. Course fee includes text book developed by Highfield Qualifications,handouts, exam fee and certificate.
Highfield Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training (RQF)
If you have seen a Highfield Qualifications course, which you are interested in but it isn’t on our site, please contact us as we are constantly adding courses to our current portfolio.
Click here to find out more about Highfield Qualifications and the range of courses and accredited qualifications.
Please contact us at email@example.com to discuss your specific needs and how we can help.