Highfield Qualifications Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering (RQF)
Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is aimed at supervisors, team leaders and managers of a food business to effectively manage food safety and comply with food safety legislation.
Date and Time of the Course: please access Highfield Qualifications Course Finder website to find our latest courses.
Course fee: £375, No VAT to add. Course fee includes text book,handouts, exam fee and certificate.
- Lecture using Highfield Qualifications’ high quality training PPT and materials – UK’s leading supplier of food safety and compliance training materials
- Video from Food Standards Agency
- Case Study
- Group Activity
- Group Revision
Introduction to food safety Microbiology, Contamination hazards and controls, food poisoning, personal hygiene, premises and equipment, cleaning and disinfection, pest management, food safety management, HACCP, supervisory management, legislation and enforcement.
Successful completion of the training programme and assessment will enable candidates to:
• Ensure compliance with food safety legislation
• Improve the standards and safety of their operation
• Establish and maintain prerequisite programmes
• Application and monitoring of good hygiene practice
• Implement food safety management procedures
• Apply the basic principles of HACCP
• Confidently deal with enforcement officers
This qualification is assessed by multiple-choice examination. Learners must complete 45 questions within 90 minutes. Successful learners will have to achieve a pass mark of 60% (27/45). Learners will receive a Distinction if they achieve a pass mark of 80% (36/45).
Training screen shots: