External Health and Safety Advice
Why Do You Need Competent Health and Safety Advice?
Under Regulation 7 of the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 (MHSAWR), every employer shall appoint one or more competent persons to assist him to comply with the requirements of the Health and Safety law.
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) defines a competent person as someone who has sufficient training and experience or knowledge and other qualities that allow them to assist you properly. The level of competence required will depend on the complexity of the situation and the particular help you need.
When Should You Have an External Health and Safety Consultant?
If one of the following apply to your business then you should get help from a qualified external consultant to enable you to meet the requirements of health and safety law.
- there is no competent employee within your organisation
- the level of competence is insufficient to assist you in complying with health and safety law
- your whole organization doesn’t have the appropriate level of competence
Why Choose Horizon?
A cornerstone of our business is the provision of ongoing health and safety support to small and medium-sized business. We work with many SMEs who cannot justify the expense of employing a full-time Health & Safety Manager.
We offer a very flexible outsourcing solution to ensure that you have all the support you need, when you need it. We work closely with your team and use a pragmatic approach to design and deliver the tailored health and safety consultant services you need to improve compliance and add strategic value. Our services are ‘fit for purpose’, this means they are:
- Tailored. Tailored to your organization and the nature of the work undertaken, solutions are proportionate to the risks
- Sensible. Concentrating on practical action to control significant risks, looking to control measures that are reasonably practicable
- Effective. Help you to design out risks and design in safety, and embed programs into the overall business
If you would prefer a service package, our options are available for your consideration below: