ISO/PAS 45005:2020 new global guidelines for safe working during COVID-19
COVID-19 has shifted the way people live and work and employers are faced with challenges never seen before. Organizations must adapt quickly, adopt new working practices and meet new regulations as they embark on a revised course for their “next normal”. ISO/PAS 45005 was developed by ISO technical committee ISO/TC 283, Occupational health and safety management, whose secretariat is held by BSI, ISO’s member for the UK. ISO/PAS 45005 gives guidance on embedding best practice and will help to manage the risks arising from COVID-19 with reference to work-related health, safety and wellbeing.
The guidelines are useful to organizations of all sizes and in all sectors, including those that have been operating throughout the pandemic; those resuming, planning to resume or reoccupying workplaces following full or partial; and those new and planning to operate for the first time.
Benefits of using ISO/PAS 45005 – new global guidelines for safe working during COVID-19
- Provides a single source of good practice based on current knowledge
- Supports comprehensive risk assessment
- Provides practical examples of ways of managing risks
- Enables planning across multiple sites and for many types of worker
- Helps to manage the risk of communicable diseases and can reduce sickness absence due to seasonal and other illnesses, such as common colds, influenza and gastric illness
- Assists in developing a response plan to enable rapid adjustments if risk levels or operating restrictions change at short notice
How Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd helps?
We have been a member of the BSI Associate Consultant Programme (ACP) since 2017, we give you the expert advice you need, help you put industry best practice into place within your business, make sure your business is COVID-secure and safe for workers, customers and visitors.