|NEBOSH Certificate Course Key Facts|
|Learning Methods||Online, Live Online, Classroom and In-company|
|Entry Requirements||Literate in the English language|
NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
The NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety is one of the most widely held health and safety qualifications in the world. It is the first step in building your health and safety career!
Designed for managers, supervisors and employees, the NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety (NGC) is an essential qualification for anyone with health and safety responsibilities as part of their role. It will give you invaluable knowledge and skills to support your current role and long-term career.
For more information, download the NEBOSH National General Certificate Leaflet here.
All of our classroom courses are currently being delivered via Live Online (via Zoom or Microsoft Teams) until further notice.
Why take the NEBOSH General Certificate course?
- Develop your career opportunities – the NEBOSH name is a mark of excellence for those seeking a successful career in health and safety, and is highly respected by employers in all sectors globally
- 87% of UK employers request the NEBOSH General Certificate course to improve health and safety skills and knowledge of managers, supervisors and staff in order to gain health and safety continuous improvements
- A National General Certificate (NGC) is specified in most health and safety job adverts, which means that people who hold the NGC have far better job prospects
- Increase your health and safety knowledge and gain practical skills to use in your job
- Maintain compliance and improve H&S performance in your company
- NEBOSH’s qualifications are recognised by relevant professional membership bodies
- It entitles you to Associate Membership (AIOSH) of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and the Associate Membership of the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM)
- If you have two years full time or five years of part-time work experience working in health and safety, you’ll also be able to apply for Technical Membership (TechIOSH). Many students then progress to the NEBOSH National Diploma (Grad IOSH) and from there to chartered status (CMIOSH), the gold standard in health and safety!
NEBOSH General Certificate Course Syllabus
The NEBOSH Certificate is divided into two units NG1 and NG2 which are assessed separately:
NG1 – four elements made up of:
- Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health and safety
- Element 2: How health and safety management systems work and what they look like
- Element 3: Managing risk – understanding people and processes
- Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
NG2 – a practical risk assessment exercise demonstrating an understanding of elements 5 – 11, including:
- Element 5: Physical and psychological health
- Element 6: Musculoskeletal health
- Element 7: Chemical and biological agents
- Element 8: General workplace issues
- Element 9: Work equipment
- Element 10: Fire
- Element 11: Electricity
How long does it take to complete the NEBOSH General Certificate?
NEBOSH recommends 113 hours to complete the course. The length of time it takes depending on your learning method.
Online Course: This usually takes around 80 – 120 hours to complete but is flexible and can be worked around you and your commitments. You will have access to the e-learning resources and online tutor support for 12 months from the start of the course date.
Live Online/Classroom Course: Tutor-led courses consists of two split weeks (10 days). Sessions are usually scheduled from 9am – 4pm GMT.
Please register your place for the exams 8 weeks before the exam date to ensure you get a space!
What are the learning options for the NEBOSH General Certificate?
We offered flexible methods of learning so that you can choose those that are best suited to your individual requirements and the needs of your organisation.
☑ Online Course – Interactive E-learning with tutor support. Study at a time and place that suits you with help whenever you need it.
☑ Live Online: Use real time Microsoft Teams online classes and brings our NEBOSH tutor-led training straight to your home.
☑ In-company Training: Traditional, tutor-led training for you and your colleagues.
☑ Classroom Course – Traditional, tutor-led training for you on specific dates, usually consisting of two split weeks (10 days).
How is the NEBOSH Certificate assessed?
There are two assessments for the NEBOSH General Certificate:
- An online open-book assessment assessing the knowledge gained in elements 1 – 4.
- A practical assignment to demonstrate the skills learned in elements 5-11.
You need to pass both assessments to achieve your NEBOSH General Certificate.
Upcoming Course Dates
Please take our Live online Course scheduled at the following dates:
- 15 – 19 March 2021, 22 – 26 March 2021
- 17 – 21 May 2021, 24 -28 May 2021
- 5 – 9 July 2021, 12 – 16 July 2021
- 20 – 24 September 2021, 27 – 30 September 2021
- 15 – 19 November 2021, 22 – 26 November
- 7 April 2021
- 9 June 2021
- 4 August 2021
- 6 October 2021
- 1 December 2021
20% Off! The course fee is now £1,196 inclusive of VAT plus £150 NEBOSH exam registration fee if you book by 31 March.
Book the course with us today. For more information on how studying a NEBOSH training course at Horizon Risk Consultancy can benefit you and your workplace, please call 01484 937128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org