Sandy Lu, Founder and Managing Director
DipNEBOSH, Grad IOSH, MA, BEd (Hons), BEng
Sandy is passionate about helping businesses to improve their health and safety and environmental performance and has over 20 years of experience in the health and safety management, both the UK and Asia, which is why in 2017 she founded Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd.
Sandy has extensive experience in developing and implementing effective Management Systems and leading the management system auditing. She has experience in first-party and second-party auditing as well as the corporate post-acquisition audit. As a BSI Associate Consultant, Sandy has demonstrated knowledge and experience in relation to ISO certified Management Systems.
An experienced and accomplished trainer, Sandy holds a BEd (Hons) degree in Education as well as being a NEBOSH external examiner in Occupational Health and Safety. She has delivered and managed Highfield accredited courses since 2017, Sandy’s courses consistently achieved pass rates of 100%.
Active in the local community, Sandy also
- Supports Kirklees Council’s Comoodle Project, by providing free environmental, health and safety training to empower local community organisations (e.g., the Denby Dale Centre and the Marsden Community Trust ), read more on Comoodle Stories – Sandy Lu
- Aids international collaboration, having forged several successful UK – China partnerships
Areas of expertise:
- Graduate Member of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) since 2016
- International Member of American Society of Safety Professionals (ASSP) since 2010
Allison Barnes, Approved Tutor & Internal Quality Assurance (IQA)
DipNEBOSH, Grad IOSH, MSc, B.Sc. (Hons), PGCE, Fellow of the Higher Education
Allison has over twenty years’ teaching and internal assessment experience in the education sector including over 5 years Health and Safety Management experience in higher education sector. Allison is an NEBOSH External Examiner.
Main professional qualifications:
- NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety
- MSc. Biotechnology, University of Kent
- Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE), Canterbury Christ Church University
- B.Sc. (Hons) Combined Science (Environmental Science), Anglia Ruskin University
- Radiation Protection Supervisor
- First Aider at work
City & Guilds In-Service Inspection & Testing of Electrical Equipment (PAT)
- Graduate Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH)
Chong Wang, Fire Safety Consultant
Rush Wang has extensive experience providing fire safety consulting and site assessment/inspections service for new/renovation/expansion projects, including building construction and structure, fire protection system, utilities and facilities, process and equipment, safety programs, etc. He has good knowledge of Chinese national fire safety regulations and standards as well as international fire safety standards.
Areas of expertise:
- NFPA 101 Life Safety Code Training in Seattle, USA, Aug 2012
- FM Global Pulp & Paper Training Course in Frankfurt, Germany and Stockholm, Sweden, Feb 2008
- Master of Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering
William Wang, Process Safety Consultant
William has a proven track record of success working in a leading global chemical manufacturing plant, in new plant construction, commission, operation and maintenance. He led and integrated Process Safety Management into the overall operations and maintenance management and achieved operational and safety excellence. Sandy worked with William at the Air Products and Chemicals from 2000 to 2005. At that time, William was the plant manager for Air Products Zhuhai plants and later the Plant Maintenance Manager for Air Products China. He is now retired from Air Products and Chemicals and is passionate to share his valuable experiences and help companies to adopt and implement Process Safety best practices, and drive continuous improvement.
Prior to joining Air Products and Chemicals, William was a lecturer in a vocational college, dedicated to teaching and R&D focusing on industrial automation.
William holds a Bachelor Degree in Automation, major in Industrial Electrical and holds a certificate in teaching.
Areas of expertise: