Job vacancy – Freelance First Aid Tutor/Assessor
Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd is a growing professional services company based in Huddersfield that delivers effective Environmental, Health and Safety training and consultancy services across a range of sectors and industries to help organisations achieve highest Environmental, Health and Safety standards.
To support our experienced core tutor team, we are currently looking for additional qualified freelance trainers, who have the relevant professional qualifications, experience and skills to tutor our workplace training courses, on an occasional freelance basis.
Flexible working hours
Working with a growing organisation
Trainers must have relevant experience and hold a teaching/training qualification.
Your role will include:
- The provision of high-quality training and assessment to meet the needs of the organisations and individuals, whilst ensuring the aims and objectives and standards of both the awarding body and our company are met
- Obtaining feedback from learners and employers assess the effectiveness of training
- Accurate completion of all required quality management documentation
- Occupational knowledge and competence in first aid* – evidenced by holding a first aid at work/medical qualification as detailed below:
- Holding a current First Aid at Work Certificate (issued by an Ofqual/SQA/Qualifications Wales/CCEA Regulation recognised Awarding Organisation, a HSENI approved training provider or recognised equivalent*)
Current registration as
a Doctor with the General Medical Council (GMC**) or
a Nurse with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC**) or
a Paramedic with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC**)
- Knowledge and competency in teaching/training, evidenced by holding an acceptable teaching/training qualification as detailed in Appendix 4 in the Qualification Specification at https://www.highfieldqualifications.com/qualifications/first-aid/level-3-award-at-work.
- Knowledge and understanding of how to safely and effectively use an automated external defibrillation (AED) machine.
*recognised First Aid at Work certificate equivalents that are not listed above, must be submitted to Highfield with a comprehensive mapping. Please speak to your Account Manager for further information.
For assessor role, Knowledge and competency in assessing, evidenced by holding an acceptable assessing qualification or CPD Training as detailed in Appendix 4 in the Qualification Specification at https://www.highfieldqualifications.com/qualifications/first-aid/level-3-award-at-work
**registered healthcare professionals must act within their scope of practice and therefore have current expertise in first aid to teach/assess the subject.
Note: In addition to the above, assessors are required to keep a log of courses that they have been involved with and any continuous professional development they have undertaken.
Job vacancy – Internal Quality Assurance (IQA) for First Aid at Work course
Besides the above requirement for Tutor, Additional requirement should be met, refer Appendix 5 in the Qualification Specification at https://www.highfieldqualifications.com/qualifications/first-aid/level-3-award-at-work
If you are suitably qualified, and you have the appropriate experience to tutor accredited Health & Safety, Fire Safety, Auditing and Inspection, Food Safety courses and/or other types of workplace training, then we would very much welcome hearing from you.
To express an interest in working with Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd, as an occasional freelance tutor, please apply by email with CV to email@example.com