ISO 14001 Management System
The ISO 14001 Environmental Management System helps businesses of all sizes across all sectors to reduce the environmental impact, reduce cost, improve efficiency and continuously improve the environmental performance of your organization.
The new standard adopts the High-Level Structure specified in ISO Annex SL which brings a common framework to all Management Systems, ensuring consistency, easier integration and increased efficiency of your business.
The new standard will include a number of key changes bringing the following benefits to your business:
- Helps comply with legislation, reducing the risk of fines and negative publicity
- Reduces cost with a greater emphasis on resource, waste and energy management
- Improves the environmental performance of your operations and supply chain
- Integrates health and safety into your business
- Understanding the Standard’s requirements
- Testing and implementation of emergency plans
- Deviations from written procedures
- Monitoring and measurement
Benefits to Your Business
Top management needs to be part of the planning process so that the EMS is aligned with the organization’s short and long-term goals, this improves risk management. Here are a few benefits of ISO 14001:
- Lower operational costs
- Reduced waste and an increase in efficiency
- Increased stakeholder confidence
- Improved levels of compliance with environmental legislation, lower
- Improved reputation and stakeholder satisfaction
- Increased access to new customers and business partners
- A competitive advantage to grow your business
- Increased likelihood of repeat business
- Access to new markets
- Positively presents your organization for tenders and investment opportunities
- Improved product design
- Reduce costs and environmental impact by identifying opportunities for reusing and recycling materials
- More resilient supply chain and supplier relationships
Why Work With Horizon?
We have been a member of the BSI Associate Consultant Programme (ACP) since 2017, meaning we are approved BSI consultants who have demonstrated deep knowledge and experience in relation to ISO certified management systems.
- We have extensive industrial experience
- We can help unlock further business improvements
- We give practical and results-oriented consultant
- We help you integrate different management systems
- You’ll get access to industry good practice and international best practices
- You’ll feel reassured selecting Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd as your ISO consultancy and training service provider, as we are one of 200 BSI Associate Consultant across the UK, are independently evaluated for our competence and performance capability by BSI to ensure we deliver the best for our clients
Preparing for ISO 14001:2015
To prepare we advise you to:
- Review the International Standard
- Contact us to access practical support. We can help you to conduct the Gap Analysis of your existing Environmental Management System against the new ISO 14001 requirements
- Enquire about our training courses so that you fully understand the changes and know how to implement
Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd can help you to:
- Develop a transition project plan
- Implement the plan and review the effectiveness
- With further services to help you implement changes, this includes helping you prioritize the Energy and Waste reduction projects
- With integration, by recommending integration with other management systems, relevant to your needs, e.g.: ISO 9001: 2015 ISO 45001:2017 to your overall business
Top tips for making ISO 14001 effective for you
- Visible top management leadership is key
- Engage the whole business with good internal communication
- Establish the project implementation team to get the best results
- Define clear roles and responsibilities at every level of your organization
- Effective two-way communication to keep staff informed of activities and timescales
- Motivate staff involvement with training, internal audit and contribute to continuous improvement
- Speak to your customers and suppliers – to get suggestions for improvements and give feedback on your service.
Using our extensive experience and understanding of the challenges most commonly experienced by organizations implementing ISO 14001, we can deliver a range of tailored services to support your certification journey. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs and how we can help.
How to book?
Book online at the BSI website:
Internal Auditor: https://tidd.ly/3Sog5Pq
Lead Auditor: https://tidd.ly/3JB9ey7