ISO 50001:2018 Energy management system establishes an international framework for the supply, use and consumption of energy in industrial, commercial and institutional organisations.
Effective energy management systems help your organisation to establish processes to improve energy performance, reduce your energy costs, greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and other environmental impacts. Implement an ISO 50001 compliant sustainable energy management system demonstrates that your organisation commits to continuously improving energy performance.
We can help you through the process of becoming ISO 50001 certified with gap assessments, training and consultancy, so you can stand out from the competition and commit to energy efficiency.
The benefits of ISO 50001 Energy Management
- Identify and Manage the risks surrounding your future energy supply
- Measure and monitor energy use to identify where to improve efficiency
- Improve overall performance to cut energy consumption and bills
- Reduce carbon emissions and meet government reduction targets
- Demonstrate environmental credentials to increase tender opportunities
ESOS compliance using ISO 50001
- The Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS) is the UK Government’s approach to implementing the requirements of Article 8 of the EU’s Energy Efficiency Directive (2012/27/EU). This directive requires all EU Member States to introduce regular energy audits for UK organisations which have more than 250 employees and/or a turnover of more than 50m euro.
- ISO 50001 certification issued by UKAS accredited certification body such as Lloyd’s Register (LR), that covers the full scope of your organisation’s energy consumption, will automatically qualify your organisation to comply with the ESOS and you will only need to notify the Environment Agency and provide proof of compliance via the ISO 50001 certification route.
- A new ESOS compliance period starts every four years. The next qualification date for compliance (Period 2) is 21 February 2022. If your system is certified to ISO 50001, your organisation will automatically demonstrate Period 2 ESOS compliance. Maintenance and continual improvement of your ISO 50001 certified system will also allow ongoing compliance with future ESOS Phases.
Why Work With Horizon?
We have been a member of the BSI Associate Consultant Programme (ACP) since 2017, meaning we are approved BSI consultants who have demonstrated deep knowledge and experience in relation to ISO certified management systems.
- We have extensive industrial experience
- We can help unlock further business improvements
- We give practical and results-oriented consultant
- We help you integrate different management systems
- You’ll get access to industry good practice and international best practices
- You’ll feel reassured selecting Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd as your ISO consultancy and training service provider, as we are one of 200 BSI Associate Consultant across the UK, are independently evaluated for our competence and performance capability by BSI to ensure we deliver the best for our clients
Using our extensive experience and understanding of the challenges most commonly experienced by organizations implementing ISO 45001, we can deliver a range of tailored services to support your certification journey. Please contact us to discuss your specific needs and how we can help.