1.Our commitment to you
We are committed to protect your personal information we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
This notice applies to you whenever you use our services, by contacting us by phone, email, using our websites or interacting with us on social media.
Please read the following carefully to understand our practices on how we will treat your personal information.
2. The legal basis we rely on to process personal information
The law on information protection sets out a number of different bases on which an organisation may collect and process your personal information, including:
In specific situations, we can collect and process your information with your consent. For example, when you tick a box to receive email newsletters.
Performance of a contract
In certain circumstances, we need your personal information in order to perform a contract that we have entered into with you.
3.When we collect your personal information
We may collect your personal information on a number for occasions. For example, when you:
- Send us a completed contact form at our website;
- Complete a booking form to purchase a service;
- Contact us by any means with queries, etc;
- Ask us to email you information about a product or service;
- Book to attend an event;
- Have had your information passed to us by a third party. For example, when your employer books a training course with us registers your details with us in order for you to be assessed for the qualification you wish to take.
4.The personal information we may collect and how we may use it
- Your name, address, date of birth, telephone number, email address, including by phone, email, or when you communicate with us via social media;
How we use your personal information:
- To provide information and services to you;
- To enroll or register you for a training course, qualification, assessment and certification;
- To verify your identity on the day of exam per accredited training body’s requirement;
- With your agreement, to contact you electronically about promotional offers and services which we think may interest you;
5.Sharing your personal information
We will not disclose your personal information to any third party. We will never sell or rent our customer information to other organisations for marketing purposes.
If you would like to update your personal information or let us know the personal information we hold is incorrect you may do so by contacting us.
You have a right to:
- Know about how we protect your personal information, (as set out in this notice);
- Unsubscribe from our newsletter, marketing or any other services where we rely on your consent for holding your personal information.
- Ask us to restrict our use of your personal information and to object to your personal information being processed;
- Ask us to delete your personal information.
- Request access to the personal information that we hold about you.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that appropriate technical and organisational measures are carried out in order to safeguard the information we collect from you and protect against unlawful access and accidental loss or damage. These measures may include (as necessary):
- Our Webhosting provider has both hardware and software firewalls;
- Locating our information use storage facilities in secure locations;
- When necessary, disposing of or deleting your information so it is done so securely; and
- Regularly backing up and encrypting all information we hold.
- We will ensure that our employees and third parties working on our behalf are aware of their privacy and information security obligations.
If you are not happy with the way your information is being handled, you can seek recourse through our internal complaints procedure by writing to us at:
Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd
Duke of York Young Entrepreneur Centre,
3M Buckley Innovation Centre,
Firth Street, Huddersfield,
United Kindom, HD1 3BD