|NEBOSH Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at work key facts:
||1-day or 7-hours (Taught 6-hours, assessment 1-hour)
||1 practical assessment at the end of the course, lasting 1-hour
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in managing workplace health and safety risks including those who undertake risk assessments. The content will be particularly useful to employers, managers, supervisors, SHE champions and union and health and safety representatives.
What will I learn?
The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risk and Risk Assessment at Work is an introductory level qualification, developed in conjunction with the health and safety regulator for Great Britain, the Health and Safety Executive (HSE). It is structured around HSE’s approach to controlling the risks caused by workplace hazards.
You will learn how to:
– Identify hazards and be aware of some of the resources that can help
– Assess risks in low to medium risk premises using simple HSE tools
– Evaluate risks in a proportionate and sensible manner
– Identify suitable control measures
How will it help me?
This qualification will help you:
– Develop straightforward practical skills to manage workplace risks something all employers need
– Build confidence in your risk assessment capabilities
– Contribute to the creation of a safer and healthier workplace as soon as you return to work
Advantages for employers
The NEBOSH HSE Award in Managing Risk and Risk Assessment at Work will help you to:
– Have confidence as your team will be trained in HSE’s current approach to health and safety risk management
– Ensure your organisation has valuable in-house risk management expertise
– Upskill your teams so they can carry out risk assessments in the right way and to the right standard
– Create a safe and healthy work environment
- Why manage health and safety risks
- Managing risk:
- Identifying and understanding the risks
- Controlling the risks
- Managing risk: Sources of information and the application of HSE risk assessment tools
How is the qualification assessed?
A practical assessment is completed at the end of the course. You will be asked to watch a video of a real workplace and complete a risk assessment to identify how you would manage and prioritise
£295 inclusive of VAT plus NEBOSH exam learner registration fee £50. The cost covers the NEBOSH coursebook.
For more information on how studying a NEBOSH training course at Horizon Risk Consultancy can benefit you and your workplace, please call 01484 937128 or email firstname.lastname@example.org