Child protection and safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility. You have a responsibility to ensure that the health and wellbeing of young people, up to the age of 18, is safeguarded.
This course introduces the roles, responsibilities and rights when it comes to safeguarding children. Learners will be able to recognise potential indicators of child abuse and understand factors that could impact on wellbeing.
You will understand the rights of the child when it comes to safeguarding, learn the actions you should take if you have concerns for a child’s wellbeing and the support available. The course will also give you an understanding of the basic principles of safeguarding legislation.
- Recognise the potential indicators of child abuse – physical, emotional, sexual and neglect, including radicalisation, child trafficking and female genital mutilation
- Understand the impact a parent or carer’s physical and mental health can have on the wellbeing of a child or young person, including the impact of domestic violence
- Understand the importance of a child’s rights in the safeguarding/child protection context
- Know what action to take if you have concerns, including to whom you should report your concerns and seek advice
- Demonstrate an understanding of the risks associated with the internet and social networking
- Understand the basic knowledge of legislation
Please return us the course booking form with your order, you can download the booking form at:
If you have any questions about this training, please contact us before purchasing.