The ability of an organization to continue operating during the global scale COVID-19 pandemic has never been more important. With significant challenges to the health and safety of people and the business continuity of organizations, it’s important that businesses prepare for and respond to this crisis in order to prevent business disruption and achieve sustainable operation.
Whether you plan to develop new or improve your existing Business Continuity Management System or go on to have it certified to ISO 22301:2019, the international standard for business continuity management system (BCMS), we are capable to support your continuous improvement journey. We help you to better manage risks, mitigating the consequences, and enhance business resilience.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve and will impact all business for months to come. Now is the time to prepare and support a return to work plan, while addressing challenges in the months ahead and making changes.
What is Business Continuity?
ISO defines Business Continuity as the capability of the organization to continue the delivery of products or services at acceptable predefined levels following a disruptive incident.
Business Continuity Planning Process Diagram
Why Do You Need a Business Continuity Management Plan?
- If an emergency situation arises and your organisation does not have a business continuity management plan, you may fail to operate safely putting people’s lives and your business at risk
- With the current COVID-19 crisis, if you’re concerned about your company’s ability to return to work or recover after the pandemic, you may benefit from ISO 22301 to ensure a safe return to work, while addressing challenges in the months ahead and managing changes
- To plan a way be able to continue to deliver products and services at an acceptable predefined capacity during a disruption
- To enhance your organizational resilience through the effective application of the Business Continuity Management Systems (BCMS)
- “Recovering quickly from a business disruption requires a deep understanding of what is important to an organization, easy-to-follow response plans and staff that know their role in an incident.’ -James Crask, Convenor of the ISO group of experts that developed the standard
Benefits to Your Business
- Customer satisfaction. Inspire trust in your ability to continue operations throughout a disruption
- Improved risk management. Organisation-wide identification and understanding of critical business processes and the impact of disruption; greater consistency and traceability of products and services
- Protect your reputation
- Compliance with the expectations of regulators, insurers, and other key stakeholders
- Reduce the cost of disruption
- Create a competitive advantage
- Contribute to Organizational Resilience. Avoid downtime and financial losses with effective risk management, emergency preparedness and response and contingency planning
Why Choose Horizon?
- We have the extensive industry experience and in-depth knowledge, to understand your challenges and meet your particular needs
- You’ll get access to industry good practice and international best practices
- You will be guided through your ISO certification journey – our advisors will support you for any complex queries that arise
- Continuous improvement focus – We not only assess your compliance with the standard, we also aim to identify opportunities for improvement
- You’ll feel reassured selecting Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd as your ISO consultancy and training service provider, as we are one of 200 BSI Associate Consultant across the UK, are independently evaluated for our competence and performance capability by BSI to ensure we deliver the best for our clients
- We provide you with the latest technical advice. As a member of BSI Associate Consultant Programme (ACP), we participate in BSI events, seminars and webinars to help you keep up with the latest developments
How Can We Support You Achieve ISO 22301?
Whether you’re starting your business improvement journey, or looking to enhance your current Management System, our expert team will be able to give advice and guidance about options that will enable you to meet your goals:
- Training – online, in-house or public, to help you understand the content and key changes in the standards and the transition process.
- Gap Analysis (remote, online or in-house) – we assess your existing Management System against the requirements of the ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System standard, and identify the gaps that need to be addressed, and help you develop a transition project plan. We can provide you FREE and easy tools for Gap Analysis.
- Planning for implementation – Based on the Gap Analysis we identify the actions needed to improve the maturity of your Business Continuity Management System. We develop pragmatic approaches and measures that help you establish a suitable Business Continuity Management System that evolves and improves over time.
- Implementation – We work with you to implement the improvement plan and coach your business Continuity Team on how to implement the plan. This will give you the tools you need to handle a disaster or major incident, so you can act and react precisely and effectively in the event of an emergency.
- Review: Conduct the audit (either independent or joint audit with you) to verify the readiness for external ISO certification audit, and support you with the evergreen process
- Integration: Take the opportunity to integrate part of the whole of your other Management Systems into the overall Management System: Environment, Health & Safety, Energy Management, quality etc. based on your needs.
- Continuous improvement: Conduct Business Continuity Program Maturity Assessment to help you continually improve your management system maturity level
We also offer packages that can be customized to your business to remove the complexity and get you started with business continuity management.
Set your organization ahead of the competition with an ISO 22301:2019 Business Management System with the support from Horizon Risk Consultancy Ltd. Contact us today email@example.com and we will be able to give advice and guidance about options that will enable you to meet your goals.
Get a head start on ISO 22301 with our FREE ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System Checklist, no details required!
Get a head start on ISO 22301 with our FREE ISO 22301 Business Continuity Management System Self-assessment Checklist!