The Health and Safety (First-Aid) Regulations 1981 require employers to provide adequate and appropriate equipment, facilities and personnel to ensure their employees receive immediate attention if they are injured or taken ill at work.
Highfield’s First Aid at Work e-learning course gives learners the opportunity to undertake online first-aid training and go on to achieve the level 3 award in first aid at work (RQF) or first aid at work at SCQF level 6.
This e-learning course can replace 1 day of the 3-day first aid at work (RQF) course or first aid at work at SCQF level 6 course that are run through recognised Highfield Qualifications centres. This e-learning also covers other practical areas, such as CPR, so is great for reinforcing competency and refresher training.
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first-aider
- Assessing an incident
- Managing an unresponsive casualty
- Recognising and assisting a choking casualty
- Managing a casualty – external bleeding and shock
- Managing a casualty – minor injury
- Conducting a secondary survey
- Administering first aid to a casualty with: injuries to their bones, head and spinal injuries, suspected chest injuries, burns or eye injuries, sudden poisoning or anaphylaxis, and with a major illness
If you have any questions about this training, please contact us before purchasing.